Thursday, 18 April 2013
Web 2.0 learning opportunity workshop. CSIR/INSTI, Accra, Ghana. 15th-19th April, 2013.
I am currently attending a 5 day workshop organized by CSIR/INSTI, FAO and CTA in Accra, Ghana began on monday 15th April 2013 at 9.00am. The workshop began with the facilitator giving participants an overview of what the workshop will entail. This was followed by a photo session. Participants were then introduced to Twitter, how to create a twitter account, customize it, maintain it and use all the features of twitter. Participants then had a hands on practical session where they created their own twitter accounts and practiced all that was taught. They tweeted, sent direct tweets, put labels and retweeted.
On the 2nd day, participants were introduced to blogger and taught how to create their own blogs and maintain them. Participants then created their blogs, customized them and posted on their blogs.
The 3rd day was a continuation of the blogging session where many more things about blogging were taught. Participants then as usual had a practical session of tweeting and blogging. Participants were given an assignment to post a report about the workshop on their blogs and to send some tweets.
On the 4th day, participants are waiting to present their assignments after which the session on remote collaboration and wikis will begin.
I think this workshop has given me an insightful experience. Its very educative and highly practical and I can now confidently say I am a guru in tweeting and blogging at least for my level. I hope to use this to effectively disseminate information to my library's users.
Great facilitation!! The facilitator is highly knowledgeable and experienced in the topic as such able to give comprehensible demonstrations. These are the kinds of workshops that are needed in the information profession not the taught kind of workshops. Highly practical workshops are needed so that participants understand what they learn and are able to apply them when they return to their jobs, this is usually the aim of any workshop. We need many more workshops on the Web 2.0 tools because they are great tools which can be adopted by libraries and information providers to greatly improve their service delivery to users. I couldn't have missed this workshop for anything.
My experience is gone beyond my expectations and am sure by the end of this workshop I will be a better information provider. Thank you FAO, CTA, CSIR/INSTI and the facilitator Justin Chisenga.
Labels:
CSIR,
INSTI,
learning opportunity,
Web 2.0,
workshop
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment